Berkendal is suited for groups and families of up to 16 people and 2 babies.
In front of the cottage a parking space is provided for up to 7 cars.
The ground floor consists of the main hall, toilet, storage room, open kitchen, dining room and living room. The upper floor is provided with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, each equipped with a toilet, shower and wash basin.
Crossing the big and lovely wooden deck with tables, chairs, parasols and a barbecue, you arrive in the spacious garden, which is equipped with a hammock and a swing. A wood-fired hot tub will be available from spring 2018 onwards.
The underfloor heating downstairs and the wall heating upstairs are both driven by a powerful heat pump. Together with an ingenious ventilation system and the omnipresent clay-loam and wood finishing, this creates unrivalled and enjoyable indoor climatic conditions.
All items of furniture are tailor-made, crafted by local professionals of recycled scaffolding wood.
Free Wi-Fi and digital television complete the picture.
The waste water is completely treated and purified by an integrated plant percolation field.
Smoking is prohibited and pets are not allowed in the cottage.
Partly due to the stylish finishing and interior design with sustainable materials, it is not allowed to rent the cottage for bachelor, student, or drinking parties.
– Entrance hall with coat hangers, shoe rack and full-length mirror.
– Separate toilet.
– Fully equipped open kitchen: big refrigerator with freezer compartment, dishwasher, electric cooker with oven, microwave, coffee machine, kettle, toaster and the usual small kitchen tools.
– Storage room with extra refrigerator, vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies.
– Dining room with one long table, 18 chairs and 2 high chairs for children.
– Living room with couches, wood stove, digital TV and all sorts of board games and brochures with touristic information.
– Spacious deck and garden, directed towards the southwest so one can fully enjoy the view and sun. From the deck, one has beautiful vistas and with some luck you can spot some forest animals such as roe deer or squirrels.